Monday, October 15, 2007

Great news, worst time!

Finally, I get informed about my application in Istanbul University. I have granted admission for "Geophysics Engineering" program at Istanbul University.This means if I register I can study for 4 years and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in this field.Kind of nice, but I just have 3 days until registration deadline and I am confused about what should I do.If I register I have to leave my current job and be penny-less like always.My family doesn't seem to support me on this because they are in some mixed situation also.I need a professionals help now but no one is around.
I am beginning to love geophysics but I can't get in .Actually I can but for sure, I won't survive.The only way to survive in Istanbul is to have money.I know student life very good since I was student for 2 and a half year.Students can't afford living in a room with 300$ rent.They can't smoke good cigars also.Even if I enroll can't find enough money to live.These was the facts.But my heart is beating for university.I love university and student life.I don't feel ready for real life,-or I don't want to feel.In the both ways I love to go to university, especially a program different than Computer or IT based science.
Company's are paying good for programmers, it's a nice job to have a normal life.But I don't want that.I want to be able to live free.Geologists - from what I know - have a more active life than programmers.They don't have to hide in a basement and work for freaking 16 hours a day.Instead they go to field studies and do explorations outdoor. They might not get as much as programmers, but I am sure their salary would be enough to live.
I am kind of feeling a sympathy for earth sciences.After all it's the place we live on, having some sort of information won't harm.On the other hand it's a exciting field to study.Labs, field research, discovery camps and other high rhythm activities.Even if I am not so good at study but I am sure I'll figure out something.
Conclusion:"Help, in any way you can within 3 days!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Long time no see. Haven't updated for a long time